PDA

View Full Version : New member alert!

Hazel Hammy
11-29-14, 06:40 pm
Hi! :o

I'm Hazel Hammy from Hamster Hideout! I was recommended here from Kaibrooke, (a member of my hamster forum) and I have a 6 year old Guinea Pig named Guinea. She will be 7 this December 26th, so I downgraded her. I also downgraded her for health reasons, as right now she is bed-rested. Guinea loves attention and her favorite time of the day is Feeding Time, (Which is at 4 pm). She loves Timothy Hay and her sisal ball! Her cage is a 510 square inch rabbit cage, but I removed the mesh bottom. :p She used to get free roaming time everyday because her cage is so small, but since recent health issues have arrised, I downgraded her to bedrest. In her cage, she has Newspaper for bedding and many toys. Those would include a Purina one honey chew stick, a sisal ball, a food dish, a Petco igloo, a hanging chew, a paper towel tube, and a hay dispenser. She gets her water from a water bottle outside her cage, and gets fresh water almost every day.

If you have any questions about me or her, feel free to ask!
Sincerely, Hazel Hammy

(PS If anyone has any idea how to add a profile picture, it would be much appreciated!):)

LoveMyHerd
11-29-14, 06:48 pm
Hi! Welcome to the forum!
To upload a picture:
Click on the small box at the top of your screen that says "My Account". Click on the section that says "edit profile picture" at the left hand side of the screen. Then click Option 2 - from this computer or something else if you want, either an image from the web, or an avatar from the site. Go to the folder "Pictures" and find the exact image you want. It's pretty simple. If it's not working, PM one of the administrators, and they should be able to help you.:)
As you can see, my avatar is of my old horse, Duchess.:love:
By the way, what does "downgraded" mean? I've never heard that term before.

bpatters
11-29-14, 06:50 pm
Welcome to the forum!

What do you mean by "downgraded?" It's not a term I'm familiar with in relation to guinea pigs.

pigmommy89
11-29-14, 06:59 pm
I think she means she made her cage smaller.

Hazel Hammy
11-29-14, 07:04 pm
When I said, "I downgraded her", I meant that I made her cage smaller to limit her movement so she couldn't put stress on her back leg (that's her medical issue). Thanks LoveMyHerd for the picture advice! :)

Hazel Hammy
11-29-14, 07:08 pm
Did it work? I set my profile pic to one of Guinea... Do you guys see it?

LoveMyHerd
11-29-14, 07:17 pm
No, I don't see it.

Hazel Hammy
11-29-14, 07:37 pm
No, I don't see it.
Awe man... Thanks! I'll try again. :)

bpatters
11-29-14, 08:50 pm
I see your avatar.

Hazel Hammy
11-29-14, 08:58 pm