Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Another Newbie

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
Hi there

We (me and my daughter) have just discovered your fab website. We have 2 piggies, Bubbles and Domino. At the minute we are looking for a bigger cage so we are very interested to read all about the c and c cages.

Our pigs (both boars) were bought as babies and we reared them together very happily until today when we had to separate them for fighting, hence our search for a bigger cage. They both look as they are sulking like mad!! I guess they have truely hit their teenager years!! We are unsure as to whether to try them together again or whether to leave them apart ..... wouldn't like to come down in the morning to a tragedy so they are sleeping in separate beds for the moment.

We just adore all the cuddle cups and hammocks we have seen on your photographs and especially the little sofas (anyone know where you can get these?)

So that's us. If anyone has any advice on how to manage our cross little guys, we'd really appreciate it.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Hiya and welcome. I used to have a piggy called Bubbles, too! There are lots of places in the UK you can buy supplies, see the other threads on this board. You could probably try and start to re-introduce the piggies on neutral ground i.e. a couch or floor. Any questions or anything feel free to ask :)

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
How old are Bubbles and Domino? Sounds like they are going through puberty and trying to decide on dominance all over again. More space is an excellent idea!

Welcome to the forum! :) Lots of great information to be found around here.

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
Bubbles and Domino are around 6-7 months old. We got them within a week of each other. Up until now they have really gotten on well together - in fact if you lifted one out of the cage for floor time the other would squeak like MAD until you came and got him too - they had to go everywhere together!!

Do you think this will settle down? Should we keep them separated? I am frantically looking for the quickest way of getting a bigger (c and c ) cage.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
From everything others have said/posted in other threads, I think it will definitely settle down, and you should put them back together. Unless they are in head to head combat and there is blood shed, you really don't want to seperate them. It will only cause more stress later. Nipping, nudging, rumbling, grumbling, squeaking and hair pulling (to an extent) are all normal dominance behaviors. It definitely sounds like you have a couple of boys going through puberty, and they are trying to decide who is the BMIC (Big Man In Cage).

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
Thanks for this. I did get really concerned today when they quite literally "went for" each other doing somersaults. the wee guy who started it ended up with blood round his lips. They are definitely looking very sad in their single cages!! We will try and reintroduce them under close supervision.

Just bought some cuddle cups, they are so cool!!!

Thanks for the reassurances!!

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Hello fellow NI member! Whereabouts are you in NI? I'm in Crumlin, Co. Antrim!

piggywinkle

Cavy Slave
i'm in Portstewart, Co. Londonderry

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.