PDA

View Full Version : How It All Began

PopcorningPigs
11-25-14, 07:41 pm
Ever since my Hamster died I had wanted a guinea pig! But didn't know where the best place to get one was! I had heard lots of bad stuff about buying from petstores but I couldn't find a rescue near me! So I had heard of a person on facebook selling some very close! within a few days my mom drove me down there! I had already bought all the supplies a week ahead! The lady only had two left and naturally I fell in love as soon as I saw them! She sold them to me for $10 each but had nothing for the travel home. I would still say I rescued them though. I did not get to directly see what they had been living in but I had heard that one of their sibilings had somehow managed to escape and died from the fall. Another had gotten loose and went missing but they never found him... The mother as well had been out several times! I'm just glad the two I got are now safe from ever being neglected!

Rywen
11-25-14, 09:27 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pigtures of your piggies, are they boys or girls?

Kenna18155
11-25-14, 09:46 pm
Welcome! Do you know about all the necessities to care for them? (Cage, pellets, veggies, hay...) If not, feel free to ask any questions you have. I'd love to see pictures!

PopcorningPigs
11-25-14, 10:27 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum! We'd love to see pigtures of your piggies, are they boys or girls?
They are girls! ��

PopcorningPigs
11-25-14, 10:30 pm
Welcome! Do you know about all the necessities to care for them? (Cage, pellets, veggies, hay...) If not, feel free to ask any questions you have. I'd love to see pictures!
Yes! I have a large standard c&c cage off this website on its way! And I feed them kaytee pellets and Timothy hay! Also everyday when they come out for playtime they get about a cup of fresh veggies! They really like kale!

Kenna18155
11-25-14, 10:48 pm
Perfect! If you can, videotape your pigs being introduced to their C&C. I wish I had with mine; their reactions were priceless. The pups zoomed around and popcorned in pure joy, it was hilarious.

Their diet sounds pretty good; just make sure you're not giving them too many pellets. 1/8 cup pet pig per day is good. And you might want to look into getting them Oxbow pellets--Kaytee aren't the best quality. I'm in the process of getting mine some better pellets, because they're on Kaytee ones as well. Oh, and you might want to see if they like grass. They can have as much as they like and many piggies love it. It's free, too. Of course, you don't have to, but it's a nice little treat for guinea pigs.

Kudos to you for getting a C&C and a nice balanced diet. Many cavy owners don't do that much research, but you're being a great piggy parent.

PopcorningPigs
11-25-14, 10:51 pm
Perfect! If you can, videotape your pigs being introduced to their C&C. I wish I had with mine; their reactions were priceless. The pups zoomed around and popcorned in pure joy, it was hilarious.

Their diet sounds pretty good; just make sure you're not giving them too many pellets. 1/8 cup pet pig per day is good. And you might want to look into getting them Oxbow pellets--Kaytee aren't the best quality. I'm in the process of getting mine some better pellets, because they're on Kaytee ones as well. Oh, and you might want to see if they like grass. They can have as much as they like and many piggies love it. It's free, too. Of course, you don't have to, but it's a nice little treat for guinea pigs.

Kudos to you for getting a C&C and a nice balanced diet. Many cavy owners don't do that much research, but you're being a great piggy parent.
Thanks!! They do get grass every once in a while along with some clover but not to often because it is pretty rich!

Pawesomepet
11-25-14, 11:02 pm
If they're younger pigs they need unlimited pellets.

Kenna18155
11-25-14, 11:15 pm
In their profile, OP states that they've had their pigs "for almost a year." So it sounds like they're big pigs, not babies :)

NinjaAlena
11-29-14, 12:57 am
Welcome to the forum! You sound like a great piggie owner :)

HugglesBubble
11-29-14, 01:40 am
Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions, let us know :)