PDA

View Full Version : No Idea What I'm Doing!

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 09:34 pm
Okay, as some of you know my piggie is currently in a 2x3 foot cage. I know that isn't much, and I plan to make it bigger. The most I can do, is a 3.5x3.5 cage. Now, I'm new at the whole guinea pig thing so please bare with me. I need help! I have no idea where to begin. I'm so lost on how to make a cage.. One of the agreements I made with my parents is that they wouldn't have to do anything re: my guinea pig, so I don't want to ask my dad for help. By the way, I'm in Canada, if that helps for materials.. I've never seen those squares you guys use. What do you use for the bottom (I don't mean like fleece, I mean to make it solid). Im going out of my mind..! :crazy:

DocDolittle
10-07-05, 09:43 pm
http://cavycages.com/howto.htm This should tell you all you need to know to make it. If there are any sign shops near you( I'm sure there are) then they probably carry the coroplast and the grids can be found at most stores such as Walmart/Target( if they have those in Canada). You know, the kind of store that has everything.

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 09:45 pm
lol we have walmarts, but not in my city. We don't have target though :( what about places like home hardware? would they have it? We also have (of course) canadian tire and beaver lumber, etc

DocDolittle
10-07-05, 09:50 pm
I would wait for a Canadian to asnwer for ya, there, cause I have no idea what home hardware is.

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 09:52 pm
:melodrama what about home depot? Its basically like a construction/home renovation store. Things are expensive here though, and I'm on a budget. Other than that we have stuff like Zellers and Giant Tiger..lol

DocDolittle
10-07-05, 09:54 pm
I'm not too sure about home depot. Have you tried the store finder? http://cavycages.com/where.htm

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 10:00 pm
Thanks.. nothing in my town though - of course.. or any really nearby. Ho hum. I guess I could check around anyway.

DocDolittle
10-07-05, 10:02 pm
If you really can't find anything there are some alternatives here and there, so you might want to search the galleries if you can't find anything. I have to go to sleep now, so good night!

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 10:03 pm
THanks a bunch, I appreciate the replies

TheMadWheeker
10-07-05, 10:47 pm
There are several Canadian on here maybe one of them will reply soon :D, speaking of Canadians me and my fiance may be moving to Canada sometime around March :D

futureguineamom
10-07-05, 10:58 pm
Oh ya? Awesome - what part? I'm in Ontario

TheMadWheeker
10-08-05, 08:48 am
We are looking to move to Niagra-on-the-Lake, just trying to figure out all the immigration laws and steps "CONFUSING STUFF" lol.

DocDolittle
10-08-05, 11:10 am
My cousin-in-law is from Toronto! Yay! Anywho, you might want to try on the Canadian member board.