Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm so ashamed

JennG

Cavy Slave
I was curious to see where all the unwanted piggies went in my big o'town of Springfield. We have listed three animal places-Animal Control, Illinois Humane Society and Animal Protective League. I emailed the lady at IHS but haven't heard from her. They do not have but a handful of dogs/cats. I called the APL and they don't take in anything but cats & dogs. I talked with someone at AC and was told that they do not put the piggies on their petfinder list. (she said they don't get them very often) I asked what did they do with them. She said that they either have someone who works there that will take them, or someone will be there looking when they come in and take them or they give them to the petshops in town. :eek: I was stunned. She asked if I were looking for any and I said not at this time. Oh and she also said that if they were in a good mood they may take someone's name & number to call if they wanted one and someone came in with one.
I don't even know what to say or do or if there is anything I can do. I don't have the money to take in alot of piggies but ....:weepy:

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
That's horrible. These people are obviously completely ignorant to a piggle's needs. I am now ashamed to be an Illinoisian.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Tell me about it. I don't even know what to do or say.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I can't believe a shelter actually gives back to pet stores. Just the thought! I mean, they obviously have an overpopulation problem if they're getting pigs in and then they contribute to it? Idiots! Thanks goodness we have places like the Critter Corral,eh?

JennG

Cavy Slave
From the sounds of it, I don't think they get many in but still...

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
They should still realize that pet stores are bad, though...

Johanna

Cavy Slave
Petco is the only place to adopt a homeless guinea pig in my city. They get them very often. That is where I got all my pigs. I have talked to the local rescue groups, and they never get guinea pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.