Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Giunea Pig playdate in Sydney

cossmia

Cavy Slave
Hello, I've got my little guinea pig Nibbles and I was wondering if there was anyone else in Sydney (who obviously owns a little one) who wants to meet up for a sort of guinea pig play date. It may seem like a strange idea, but I dunno, I want my little Nibbles to meet other little fury guys.

Dose this seem like a strange idea?

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
cossmia said:
Hello, I've got my little guinea pig Nibbles and I was wondering if there was anyone else in Sydney (who obviously owns a little one) who wants to meet up for a sort of guinea pig play date. It may seem like a strange idea, but I dunno, I want my little Nibbles to meet other little fury guys.

Dose this seem like a strange idea?

I think its probably best to get him his own companion that he can interact with 24/7, rather than living on his own and having a one off meet-up :)

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
I think guinea pig meetups/picnics would be alot of fun!:) but...in saying this I also am totally against keeping a guinea pig on its own without a companion. Guinea pigs are herd/companion animals and deserve a companion. They deserve a friend that speaks in their own language and that they can snuggle up to at night...They do get lonely even if they may not appear it on the outside. It is for self centred reasons that people keep their cavies on their own.

I'm not aiming this post at any one person...just to anyone keeping their piggies on their own....I feel so sad for those poor piggies:sorry:
*~jess~*

cossmia

Cavy Slave
I am going to get one next week. I wasn't planning on keeping Nibbles on his own, but I personally like the idea of meeting other people with Guinea pigs. I don't know many people in sydney.. it's a good chance to meet people too.

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
Great to hear you will be getting him a companion -be sure to quarentine the new cavy for 2-3 weeks (this means absolutely NO contact).

I personally do not like the idea of people meeting up with their cavies. There is a high chance that one or more of the cavies can be ill - either carrying something or directly effected, and by allowing these cavies to have contact can easily pass on the problem.

Matt

PS. where in Sydney are you?

cossmia

Cavy Slave
I live in Darlinghurst...

Jinx_Rox

Cavy Slave
Hi i live in melbourne umm i was wondering are you looking for another guinea pig i have jaffa for sale and i dont want to have to give him to a pet shop!

cossmia

Cavy Slave
Can you tell me more about Jaffa? Before I get another little guy (or girl.. ) i'll have to get a bigger cage and sort out a few issues..

Alanas

Cavy Slave
I think 'Pignics' are a great idea, I guess you just have to make sure your piggy doesn't have any nasties like mites or a URI. I think it would be a lot of fun.

cossmia

Cavy Slave
I was hopeing someone would like the idea :p

cossmia

Cavy Slave
Actually my little Nibbles is rather happy at the moment. Or at least i think that's what's happening. His been running around his cage alot. I've moved his little pigloo close to the side of the cage because he loves the little challange of getting between it and the side of the cage. his is also jumping on top of it, jumps over his food bowls and does that littelt twisy thing while jumping and squeeking happily while doing so. he still runs away from me, but i think that is now more out of playing, than being scared of me. oh it's just so cute. he makes he laugh so much :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.