Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Ottawa hay?

newbiegirl

Cavy Slave
Anyone know where you can find some decent pellets and hay in Ottawa? My pig is very picky with there hay!

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I live in Ottawa and I order my hay and pellets (both oxbow) from Canadian Pet Connection in Oakville.

fostermum

Cavy Slave
Hi Newbiegirl! Give this website a try for hay: (broken link removed)

This is a small operation that specifically seeds fields for small animals with a mix of 6 different grasses. The hay is organic and is sun dried. They say it's for bunnies, but it's just as good for piggies. Wayne, Jackie and Jim are very kind and helpful and they respond very quickly to inquiries. Looks like they're temporarily sold out, but maybe email them to find out when the next shipment is available. Very good for picky kids!

newbiegirl

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much fostermum...I have sent them an email. I live very close to Stittsville so I am hoping they have some more available soon!

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
Where in Ottawa are you?

I get my hay and pellets from Ryan's Global Petfoods on tenth line [Orleans] same little strip mall as Zats, Loeb, Rogers video, Shoppers Drug Mart.

newbiegirl

Cavy Slave
YK sheppard...I live in Kanata. How about you?

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
I am actually east of Ottawa, in Bourget. Just south of Rockland.

About an hour from Kanata!

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Richie's feed and seed in Stittsville sells the oxford meadows hay.

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
Richies feed and seed has a store in Orleans too and they sell it there. It is just off Innes Ave, near St Laurent, just before Cosco if you are heading east on Innes. It is on the right!

newbiegirl

Cavy Slave
Thanks again guys. I got an email back from Oxford Meadows. Apparently they are having problems with their business partner (the farmer) so they don't have any available directly. She did however refer me to a retailer in Stittsville. She says their product will be changing slighly next year as they are dealing with a new farmer. I am new to Guinea pigs but must admit I am very charmed by them. How long and how many guineas do you guys have?

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I've had two piggies since March. I normally buy them oxbow but the shipping costs are killing me. I'm going to try oxford meadows next time I need some.

newbiegirl

Cavy Slave
I finally got the oxford meadows hay. I went to the Richies feed and seed in Stittsville but they just had large bales. Then I went to Global in Stittsville and they were sold out. So I finally got some from Berry's. When I opened the bag it certainly smelt good and the piggies seemed to enjoy it. I am mixing it with my Timothy and Alfalfa that I have left over. It doesn't say what kind of grasses it is composed of though.

sandra

Cavy Slave
I have just found out that Oxford Meadow Hay is closed for good. :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: Anyone know where else to get goood hay?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.