Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Is this normal behavior? Acting like a dog?

Ash14

Cavy Slave
I noticed when I put Elsa on the ground for floor time, when it's time to put her up I can call her and pat on the ground /whistle and she comes and gets in my lap. She's done this since I first got her, but I had a friend over who also has guinea pigs and she said that that's weird and isn't normal and that she has to chase hers or set up hidey traps to catch them. It doesn't seem like a bad thing, I'm sure not gonna complain that it's easy to put her up, but it's fine that she does that right?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Of course it's fine. You're lucky to have a pig so trusting.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Lol she sounds like my Penelope! She licks me crazy all over, nuzzles me close and rolls over for me to rub her belly, and she's done this since the very first day I got her, at 6 wks! No haha it's not normal for piggies to be that trusting at first and even in general. I agree, we're lucky. Enjoy your piggie :)

You should get a video clip of her doing it, sounds adorable!!!

Ash14

Cavy Slave
Okay. I didn't think it was bad I just wanted to make sure. I'm so scared I'm gunna do something wrong! This is my first time with guinea pigs. Do you think she was trained to do that? Or is it just natural. I don't know her back story, I just know that she was turned into a shelter that didn't have a clue what to do with her. I foster and volunteer for that shelter so they asked me if I could take her or they would have to put her down since they didn't have the facilities to keep her long enough to find a trustworthy person.
How could one say no to that cute face?
They were told she was 6 months old and her name was Elsa. That's pretty much it haha. I've tried to all this research on here but everything that someone says isn't normal about her scares me because I fear I'm doing something wrong! Thank you!

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
It could be her personality mixed with absolute trust. ^_^ One of my pigs doesn't mind being picked up, but he certainly doesn't run up to me so that I can! That's absolutely amazing that she does that, you should take a video of it!

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am piggie sitting for a pig who is like a dog, when I give her floor time she will follow me around the house and want attention.

carigretta

Cavy Slave
your piggies just loves you and wants to make you happy. I had female that would do same thing she went everywhere with me, it's a blessing

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.