Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Fungal problems

KrisDuong

Cavy Slave
My piggy have a fungal problems 1 week ago, its gone when I clean the cage, bath him and a medicine to use on skin.
But 2 day later the day I bath him and clean his cage, he got a fungal again but just a little at his nose. Lost a little bit further on neck.
I wonder why? I clean his cage 2 times/week. Why its happen again?
I need a lot of help.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
First, what are you treating him with?

Second, most fungal medicines have to be applied once or twice a day. And you should keep applying them for several days after all symptoms have gone and the lesion looks like it's healing. Fungus takes a while to get rid of, and if you stop the medicine too soon, it'll just come back.

Third, can you post a picture?

KrisDuong

Cavy Slave
First, what are you treating him with?

Second, most fungal medicines have to be applied once or twice a day. And you should keep applying them for several days after all symptoms have gone and the lesion looks like it's healing. Fungus takes a while to get rid of, and if you stop the medicine too soon, it'll just come back.

Third, can you post a picture?

1st: Carrot and apple
2nd: Oh :( May I forgot this, I use twice a day but when its gone, I stop.
3rd: here the fungal on my baby's feet :( :( from his nose is gone and under the neck too but under the neck lost a few further :(
(broken link removed)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You're treating him with carrot and apple? Neither one of those will do anything for fungus. Or do you mean that you're giving him carrot and apple for treats?

I meant what kind of medicine are you treating the fungus with? What is the name, and the strength of the medicine? It will usually say x gm/ml, or x mg/ml, or something like that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.