PDA

View Full Version : Liners One big fleece flipper????

AmazingPiggie
09-09-14, 07:28 am
I'm not sure if this could work but try to hear me out.

okay well I was thinking about buying flippers because I think they seem great and so neat and tidy but I heard that the piggies pee seeps under they gals in between the flipper and I feel like that would annoy me so I'm wondering if this would work.

could you get a piece of correx the size of the bottom of your cage, then get fleece double that and uhaul, double that and sew it all up like flippers but just as one big piece???

it was just a idea but I'm not sure if it would work has anyone else done this????

If it wouldn't work I will probably just go for it and get the flippers from the store :)

bpatters
09-09-14, 07:34 am
You could. I think it would be a pain to change. And I don't see why it would be easier than just making a blanket out of the fleece and padding and putting it in the cage.

The whole idea behind fleece flippers was to have the bedding in smaller units so that you could just flip/replace one if needed and not have to change the whole cage.

AmazingPiggie
09-09-14, 07:38 am
You could. I think it would be a pain to change. And I don't see why it would be easier than just making a blanket out of the fleece and padding and putting it in the cage.

The whole idea behind fleece flippers was to have the bedding in smaller units so that you could just flip/replace one if needed and not have to change the whole cage.

oh okay thanks I will either just make a liner or buy the flippers from the market :)

lost_lover
09-09-14, 12:22 pm
I just can just imagine be trying to put in one big flipper and knocking stuff off all the surrounding shelves lol but I am klutzy. I have been tossing around all sorts of different bedding idea in my head and that did cross my mind. I have a shop vac and like the idea that I would not have a liner getting sucked up.

Depending on your cage size I would think your need at least two, and even those could be cumbersome. I have not tried the flippers since I cannot afford them right now but I thought if I used them I would just line the cage with puppy pads first. The pads can get pricy but since they are just there to catch what seeps between the seems I cannot see needing to change than more than a handful of times a month.

Since I lucked out and there is zero interest in burrowing in my cage I am using loose fleece right now, not even blinder clipped to the uhaul. So I can just sorta fold the sides in, roll it up, and go shake it out.

I had planned to make liners but life got super crazy and sitting at a sewing machine is not something I have any time for right now...rather spend the time I have actually cuddling with my guinea pigs.