Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Hinged-door and lid help/tips

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
I'm trying to figure out a way to make a hinged lid/door for my C&C cage. I have 4 cats, so I don't want any of them to have access to the piggies.
100_1789.jpg100_1790.jpg

I want a partial hinged lid and a door for the front of the cage. Has anyone tackled this and has ideas for me? Thanks!

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Looks like you have most of it. When I had a bunny, I had a cage 2 panels high like yours. On that end I just binder clipped them to make it easy to unclip and then I used zip ties instead of connectors so I could just lift it up to get Lola out. Hard to explain and I don't have the cage any more to show you. Hope that helps, lol

lissie

Cavy Slave
See the door gallery for ideas.
(broken link removed)

You can use cable ties for the hinge, and use binder clips for the lock. If you are afraid the cats will be able to open binder clips, you can use carabiner clips.

Wolfess221

Cavy Slave
Oh thank you! That helped, I've got some ideas now :)

SophiaThePig

Cavy Slave
I've been looking at c&c cages, and I don't think they can be purchased in Australia, does anybody know?

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I've been looking at c&c cages, and I don't think they can be purchased in Australia, does anybody know?

They actually can be made in Australia, you just need to find the bits and assemble it yourself. Until recently the most difficult part of making a c&c in Aus was tracking down grids or finding a sutable replacement, however kmart now stocks the grids (not every store - but they should be able to get it in if you ask). Here is the link to it in the online store https://www.kmart.com.au/product/kids-4-cube-wire-unit/184865
My local store doesn't stock it, but if they did I would expect to find it in with all of the other Roomate branded items as they have them in their own section.

To find coroplast places like bunnings stock it but it is called corflute. If you cant find coroplast then you can basically anything waterproof for the base (like a shower curtain).

SophiaThePig

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness thank you so much. I've been googling c&c guinea pig cages lol! I just rang my closest kmart and they have some in stock, I'm off to pick two boxes up as soon as my baby wakes up, and then off to bunnings.. Yay!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.