PDA

View Full Version : New to Guinea Pigs

zsguineamom
08-26-14, 08:38 am
Hi All, I am a new "mom" to guinea pigs and they are technically my real kids' kids. We have two female piggies, Nibbles and Jelly and I am amazed at how different their personalities are. I was lucky enough to buy a C&C cage 2x3 off of Craigslist when I thought we were getting only one piggie. We've only had them about a month, maybe even 3 week but it feels like forever. Since then I've increased the cage size to 2x4 with a 2x1 loft and I love it. My cage came with awesome home made fleece flippers that work so well. I just need to make a few new ones for the additional spaces. This website has helped SO much!!! I find that I am sweeping up poop 2-3 times a day but I really don't mind it. We also have a dwarf hamster, Munchie and they all bring us so much joy. We have a dog too, Bella. No worries, I am a dog trainer and well aware of the safety issues. I am going out to buy more cubes today to raise the cage and they are also in my son's room with the door closed. My husband wasn't for the idea of getting guinea pigs but aside from the poop aspect, I think he is enjoying their personalities and watching them in their cage. I never thought we would have so many small pets.

MrsGuineaPig
08-26-14, 10:19 am
Hello and welcome to the forum! Your pigges are adorable and so are your other pets! Glad you got a C&C cage right away and now its upgraded!
You will love this forum!

Guinealea
08-26-14, 10:37 am
Too cute! Looks like a happy family you have there :) Good luck with your piggies and enjoy the forum :)

Starthecavy123
08-26-14, 11:15 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have some really cute pets. Good luck with your new piggies. You didn't happen to name your dog after the character from twilight? Sorry if you didn't I l just love twilight and immediately thought that hehe.

Rywen
08-26-14, 08:54 pm
Hello, I love your pet pics! Welcome to the forum!

labgirl5
08-26-14, 09:00 pm
Your pigs are so cute! If the hay ball is the only way they have access to hay in their cage, I'd add a large pile too, because they're not very easy to eat from! :)

zsguineamom
08-26-14, 09:15 pm
Your pigs are so cute! If the hay ball is the only way they have access to hay in their cage, I'd add a large pile too, because they're not very easy to eat from! :)

Thanks! No that's only on their lower level. They have a whole kitchen with lots of hay upstairs. Our guinea pig Nibbles actually seems to prefer the ball though and likes pulling pieces out. :D

zsguineamom
08-26-14, 09:18 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. You have some really cute pets. Good luck with your new piggies. You didn't happen to name your dog after the character from twilight? Sorry if you didn't I l just love twilight and immediately thought that hehe.

Haha. I loved the Twilight series as well. But no we had her way before the books even came out I think or at least before I knew about them. We just thought she was beautiful.

maddy harper
08-31-14, 04:58 am
hello and welcome

Fluffymish
08-31-14, 11:33 am
Oh my goodness, they are all sooooo cute! Welcome!

maddy harper
09-01-14, 12:52 am
hello and welcome