Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions strange breathing noises from Wilbur :(

May09

Cavy Slave
Wilbur is making a strange breathing noise and he looks like he is breathing pretty fast I am not sure what is wrong with him...I have a video of what is sounds like but its on my phone and I am not sure how to upload it from there so I found a youtube video of what it kinda sounds like not exactly but enough to get the point across (broken link removed)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs normally breathe fast, so that's not much of an indicator. Is he acting sick in any way at all? Sneezing? Runny nose? Not eating? Puffed up?

May09

Cavy Slave
his breathing just looks more noticeable than my other pigs like it looks like he is taking in really deep breaths because when he breathes his body like trembles a little and my other pig doesn't do that and he does look a little puffy maybe but earlier last week he was doing a lot of sneezing I changed the hay and it seemed to stop a lot but there is still a little sneezing and he is now coughing once in a while

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
It sounds like he might have a upper respitory infection, which can be VERY serious in guinea pigs, I would take him to the vet if I were you and get him checked out, Bibbles had one of those and acted just like that, they can be deadly in guinea pigs (not trying to scare you, just want you to know how serious it can be)

I'd rather be safe then sorry so it'd be a good idea to have him checked out

May09

Cavy Slave
okay I got him an appointment Monday was the earliest I can get him in! but it seems to just come and go it happened all night and then a little this morning and then it had stopped.. so I am not quite sure what is going on with him

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.