Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Getting Along Be nice to each other already

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaisyGP

Cavy Slave
I noticed that a lot of animal message boards get mad at each other very quickly. They start insulting each other and it gets out of hand. I've seen first time guinea pig owners come post questions and some of us jump down their throats. I see this happen on many animal message boards. Its very sad. In the end you only drive the person away. They don't learn anything and end up getting their advice from someone who is less informed, if at all. So please respect each others questions. I know I must sound like a kindergarden teacher but please be nice to each other for heaven's sake. We can accomplish a lot more together then if we set up walls to divide us.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
If the issue was people being mean and nasty to each other purely for the fun of being mean and nasty, I would agree with you. However, 95% of the time people that get the loud, passionate, and yes rude at times responses are people who come on here posting questions about how to become a breeder, yelling that the itty tiny cages they have their guinea pigs in are just fine, or insisting that they HAD to go to a pet store to buy a guinea pig because the closest rescue was further than 10 minutes drive for them. With most of these people, being nice doesn't work. Unfortunately, getting up in their faces doesn't work either. Maybe the best tack to take would be to ignore them altogether.

People on animal message boards act the way they do because they are extremely passionate about the care and wellbeing of their animals. Most of the time when someone gets a loud response, it's what they were looking for. Look back at a lot of the postings where you've noticed people getting hot under the collar. Each and every one of them read the rules of this forum and knew what buttons to push.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
So please respect each others questions. I know I must sound like a kindergarden teacher but please be nice to each other for heaven's sake.

Yes, you do. I suggest starting your own forum. You don't get to come as a newbie and tell everyone how to behave. This thread is closed.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I wanna say something before it's closed T. This is the kitchen forum and if you bothered to read the kitchen forum policy that's in plain view at the top when you enter this forum you would see:

The discussions in this forum sometimes get heated; passions tend to run high.
Please try to be respectful. What some people consider lively debate, you may consider rude.
If your sensibilities are easily offended, you may want to avoid this forum.

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the Kitchen!"

Status
Not open for further replies.