Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
I live in upstate New York I'm 27 and names Krystle.

I have two piggies..
Tubbles and Mohawk

Tubbles was given to me as a birthday present in 2012 after my dog passed away in 2011 on Christmas morning my dad was going to get me a puppy but I just wasn't ready for another dog after having my kasey for 16 1/2 years..

Then there's Mohawk he's older than tubbles but I got him a few months after I got tubs.. He was mistreated with his past owner when I got him he had mats in his hair all over the place (took me 6 hours! ) to get them all out..His hair was so long it was all the way over his face he looked like bottom of a mop I swear he'd never seen hay in his life the first time I gave it to him he went nuts just non stop talking lol.... I took him to the vets he had lice, ear was infected from a bite from some kind of bug :(... He was underweight you couldn't tell by looking at him as all you seen was hair but if you picked him up all you felt was bone pretty much... they didn't take care of him at all I went over to the people's house that I got him from not actually planning on taking him but when I got there I seen his cage (no food, no water, he was itching alot, bedding hadn't been changed in probably month(smelled horrible! ) they tell me he's cage shy so he won't let me pick him up, I open the cage and he comes right over and let's me pick him up just fine then I felt how skinny he was and I actually wanted to cry :( so I gave the guy 25 for him and his cage everything he had which wasn't much! And brought him home with me now he's a healthy happy piggie!

Mohawk

Tubbles

Stephanieg518

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome. Your piggies are adorable! Mohawk's name is so fitting!

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! What lucky pigs to get a great owner like you!!

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Thank you for the welcome and yes his name is very fitting lol...Their both very good boys Mohawk is a little harder to care for as he has diabetes but it's worth it...Their both very spoiled

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs are darling! You're wonderful for caring for Mohawk like that and taking him to the vet, he's so lucky to have found you =) I bet you feel like the lucky one though haha!

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
They both go to the vet about every 3 to 4 months just to make sure everything is okay my vets amazing cause she has a pocket pet payment ins that's threw her clinic so I only pay about $15 a month for them both and covers everything from sickness to getting nails trimmed..and yes I definitely feel like the lucky one in the situation.. I didn't want a long haired one actually but after seeing him I couldn't just leave him there has I knew he'd surely die if I did once I got him and he got diabetes I knew most people wouldn't want to bother with doing all that for a guniea pig so I decided he's better off staying with me

tweetyva757

Cavy Slave
Welcome Im also new here and to have piggies again. Love that mohawk it so cute and tubbles is a lil darling.

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Welcome Im also new here and to have piggies again. Love that mohawk it so cute and tubbles is a lil darling.
Thank you and welcome to as your new also :)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum. Such handsome boys you have.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Your boys are really lucky they found you. :)

tweetyva757

Cavy Slave
thank you and welcome to as your new also :)

peaches and chestnut 1FRIENDS.jpg

Attachments

IMG_20140802_141243.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! Tubbles and Mohawk are adorable, and thank you for saving Mohawk from a bad situation and nursing him back to health and happiness!

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome, those are some adorable piggies! I am from upstate NY too, woo hoo!

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
Aww, Tubbles looks like my childhood piggie. And I agree, Mohawk’s name fits perfectly!

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Hi and welcome to the forum! Tubbles and Mohawk are adorable, and thank you for saving Mohawk from a bad situation and nursing him back to health and happiness!
I'm not the type of person that can just sit back and watch any animal no matter what it be suffer for no reason.. I can not understand why any person would want to hurt a animal specially one as tiny as a piggie as compared to a human their defenseless..
My boyfriend goes nuts as to how I am with animals as our home is pretty full with them but he also loves it about me.. and all but two animals I have are rescues

krystle.smith2

Cavy Gazer
Welcome, those are some adorable piggies! I am from upstate NY too, woo hoo!
That's a rarity most sites I never see any one from upstate New York on them yay for upstate lol and thank you for the welcome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.