Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Parasites I use fleece and my guinea pig has lice? Advice?

Photolove3

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm new to the forum and relatively new to guinea pigs. I have 5. I had four but just recently got a new one. I have two girls in a 2x4 and two boys in a 2x5 and my newest girl is in a 2x3. I think the new one has lice and by I think I mean I am sure. I was originally keeping her separate until she gained weight but now I'm happy that I had originally kept her separate from the other two girls. So here's where I need help, all there cages are only a few inches from each other and since I didn't know that she had lice at first I have been using the same broom and dust pan in all three cages. So although I don't see any lice on the other 4 I'm assuming that they may have it and will be treating them for lice as well. I am taking the new girl to the vet first thing on Monday, I would go sooner but they are not open on the weekends. I use fleece in all of their cages so I'm just wondering on how I should go about cleaning during the treatment period??? Also I have some wood chews and hideys how do I clean those? Dishes and plastic can just go in the dish washer right? Should I be cleaning all these things daily during treatment? What about the coroplast bases? Is there anything I can do tomorrow that will help or just wait till the vet Monday? The infected pig has long hair, should I cut it short? I feel dumb but I am new to all of this and am just worried about all my pigs!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.