PDA

View Full Version : So this is where I make my first impressions

AmazingPiggie
07-25-14, 09:05 am
Okay so hi.
I am Maeve and I have four piggies Dan, Tiger, Lola, and Phil who I have been the proud pig owner of for about six months now.
I have been lurking about this forum for a good while now and I understand about what it believes in and what is right and wrong, so I'm okay on that note.

I know about cage sizes and am upgrading mine in the near future so it exceeds the minimum for four piggies.

I know about what foods, hay and other things to give my pigs because as I said I have been lurking here for a while now.

I love my piggies and they are my life along with my other pets.

If you have any advice or whatever please tell me as I obviously still am learning and would appreciate anything I am told about anything guinea pig related.

MrsGuineaPig
07-25-14, 09:09 am
Hello and welcome to the forum! It seems you already know a lot! My only concern is are the females housed with the males?

pigger123
07-25-14, 09:12 am
Welcome! If you have any questions, we'd be happy to help you.

AmazingPiggie
07-25-14, 09:25 am
Oh yes I better clarify that my two males Dan and Phil are neutered recently and are separated until I have the new cage that is big enough to house all my pigs.

Starthecavy123
07-25-14, 09:42 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. I do want to point out only one male to a group of females. Two males with one or more females just doesn't work. Depending on the age they will fight for rights to the females no matter if they are neutered. Neutering doesn't effect the guinea pigs personality like it does with dogs and cats.

AmazingPiggie
07-25-14, 09:55 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. I do want to point out only one male to a group of females. Two males with one or more females just doesn't work. Depending on the age they will fight for rights to the females no matter if they are neutered. Neutering doesn't effect the guinea pigs personality like it does with dogs and cats.

oh yep I know that neutering males won't change their behaviour at all and for me this works out well because my two girls don't get along so I can put Tiger and Phil in a cage and Lola and Dan in another.

I need to learn to explain the little thing that matter because I always leave loads of things out :)

StarTaleMaddnes
07-25-14, 10:03 am
Hi welcome to the forum! You're already off to a great start.

2198lindsey
07-25-14, 10:43 am
Welcome to the forum, currently my favorite place on the internet.

Pigtures are kind of an unspoken rule around here, and we'd love to see your fur babies. Kuddos for you to lurking and getting a feel for the forum before jumping right in.

Rywen
07-25-14, 09:51 pm
Hello and welcome to the forum!

maddy harper
07-28-14, 07:27 am
hello and welcome