Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coco is now in piggy heaven

Skyenoir

Cavy Slave
Well Coco was dying this morning, and I held her for about an hour before I decided I couldn't watch her die any longer. I couldn't stop crying, and neither could my husband. We took her to the vet to have her put down. It was heartbreaking to watch her as she died so I had to do what was best for her. She could hardly breathe and couldn't move at all. I drove to the vet holding her to my chest. They didn't want us to stay with her as she passed on, because of my 4 year old son, so we had to hand her off and say goodbye. We requested her to be creamated so we can have her ashes with us always.

It makes me so ANGRY that people get an animal and have no clue how to care for it! Especially an animal that isn't "normal" and has special dietary needs. If she would have had proper care throughout her life, I am sure she would still be alive right now. I am so glad we were able to give her love, if only for a month. She enjoyed being with us, was happier than I had ever seen her, and even though it was a month, we loved her like we had her for years. And I am glad she got to have her last little fling by escaping her cage two days ago and running around the house like a little sneak! :)

Bye little Coco Bean, we will miss your sweet little face and nibbles....

C&K

Cavy Slave
At least her suffering is over.
You did all your could for your piggie. She was very lucky to have you.

Perhaps if you are feeling anger at the situation, you could put it to good use in preparing some information on what happened to the pig, starting with the care it got in the school, and how that shortened her life and ended in her passing on today. Also include some info on proper guinea care and whatever else you feel like and pass that on to the teacher, principal, PTA, and school board. I would consider even contacting the SPCA. The poor pig should have been treated better. What kind of lesson does first hand neglect and mal treatment of animals teach our kids? Maybe even a local newspaper will pick it up. It really just perpetuates the disposable animal syndrome our society seems to suffer from.

Rest In Peace Coco Bean,:weepy:

Amanda

Skyenoir said:
It makes me so ANGRY that people get an animal and have no clue how to care for it! Especially an animal that isn't "normal" and has special dietary needs. If she would have had proper care throughout her life, I am sure she would still be alive right now. I am so glad we were able to give her love, if only for a month. She enjoyed being with us, was happier than I had ever seen her, and even though it was a month, we loved her like we had her for years. And I am glad she got to have her last little fling by escaping her cage two days ago and running around the house like a little sneak! :)

Bye little Coco Bean, we will miss your sweet little face and nibbles....

Amanda
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Marlania

Cavy Slave
Poor Coco. Take care, Skyenoir.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I lost my piggy just over a week ago so I know how hard it is. Thinking of you xx

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Are there any other pigs at that school? I do like the idea of taking this sadness and using it to help other piggies and educate the faculty!
Take care.

kimberly78

Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry. So bittersweet really. I am glad she was able to have the love she did even if only for a breif moment in time. Sending your family many many cyber ((HUGS)))

iLoveDusty

Cavy Slave
I am sorry to hear that-but you will see her again on the rainbow bridge, and she is eationg the best grass there is right now

RyanR

Cavy Slave
My condolences. My prayers are with you.

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry, Skyenoir. My heart just broke reading your post. Cocoa knew she was loved by you and you did all you could. She might not have had the best care before she came into your lives... but I'm sure as soon as she did come to be with you, she knew what it was to feel loved and truly cared about.

You gave her the best days of her life. Know that and take comfort. You're in my thoughts :)

*hugs*

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. You did what you could for her and I think that made her last days very good.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
You did the most you could. He is now peaceful in Piggy Heaven. He would say Thankyou if he could talk, I know that.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I'm sure her short time spent with you was all she needed to feel loved. Rest in peace little Coco.

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am very sorry for your loss. It always hurts so much to lose one of our babies. Knowing you gave Coco the very best for the time you had him, is comforting. He didn['t die at that school unloved and uncared for.
I too, like the idea of some education, for the better of all future pigs that have to live in a classroom without proper love and care.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Just know that she knew great happiness w/ you before she passed. You did your best. My thoughts are w/ you and your family.

Skyenoir

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. I am going to see if the school director will let me write something about owning small pets and finding out their needs and to make sure you are ready for the committment before getting a pet, etc. to be able to put into the parent newsletter. There are no more guinea pigs at the school. The only pet is a cockatiel, which of course is in a small cage and never let out or paid attention to. :sad:

Hopefully the director will let me be an animal advocate without feeling slighted, and I can bite my tongue enough to not show my disgust at this situation! And I am so mad at the people I have encountered that are like, "So what? It's just a guinea pig." I have told them, "Yeah, let me say that about your dog and see how you feel!" Sometimes people are just so ignorant.

Funnygpigs

Cavy Slave
Oh, I am so sorry your pigger passed! It sounds like she had the best life with you, for the time that you had her. Kudos to you for talking with the school. I hope that they let you write something for the paper. I hate when people have pigs in classrooms! One class at my daughter's school had pigs in it last year. They were living in a 20 gallon tank, all year long! They had nothing to chew on, no hay! I know that if that teacher brings those pigs back this year, I am going to advocate for them! And, continue to do so, untill they do something about it! :0)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am sorry to hear your CoCo passed away.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about Coco. It was tough on everyone during her illness and it is always so heartbreaking to make that decision of euthanizing a pet. You did the right thing by stopping her suffering any longer and she will always be grateful to you for that.
Take care; my thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Odella

Cavy Slave
Am sending virtual hugs to you Skyenoir. She probably had the best time of her life with you and you family! People who see certain pets as "lesser worth" really piss me off.

I hope this inspires people to actually *do* something (including myself) when it comes to issues like this. It's appaling that the pig was mistreated the way it was in a *school*, a facility for education. Bitter irony.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.