Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cozy Pillow

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I posted pics of the new pillow in the cozy section. I swear I caught Polly hopping up on it tonight and roll on her back just like a dog. It was only one roll but I saw it! Never knew they did that.

JiggityJig

Cavy Slave
Awwww, they look so comfy! Do they hop up there all by themselves?!

I know those pillows, and can just imagine how cozy they find them. But if I bought one, I'd probably keep it for myself! ;) I wonder if they'll wash well?

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Jiggity they love it. I got it at Big Lots. Yes they hop right up on it or under it! Ha Ha

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
My pigs roll too! Finally I've found someone whose pig rolls too!! I thought Tuppy and Lottie were just weird pigs, but now I know they're not!!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I am here to tell you that it was the funniest sight yet! When Polly did that roll my eyes were as big as saucers. I wonder if it was because the pillow is so darn soft? I have to tell you CCC that you were the inspiration for buying that pillow! I have been thinking about going out today and getting a bit of fleece and making them each a cozie thing. Gas is outrageous here at the moment but I will be going stir crazy soon if I don't get out! :crazy:

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I think the pigs get really excited and happy at having something so soft and comfy which is why they roll. It only ever happens on soft stuff with my two girls. Lottie rolled for the first time the other night on the vetbed, and I laughed so much I scared the all the pigs!
In fact I just thought - Jazzie rolls too! She rolled downhill into a big dip in one of her toys - it was so funny to see her little legs waving about in the air!

CavyCrazyChris

Cavy Slave
If anyone was wondering on how they wash well... they sort of do, but sort of don't.
I just washed mine yesterday and it has a small hole in one of the creases now. And a TON of fuzz came off in the wash AND dryer. So if you do wash them, I'd recommend drip drying them to keep as much of the surface as possible.
I guess you could also reinforce them by sewing the creases yourself, if you're good at that sort of thing or know anyone that could do it for you.
Other than that, those cozies are awesome, my pigs LOVE it!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Thanks Chris for the heads up on the wash. I use the pillow for floor time so so far no pee on it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.