Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Owned a guinea pig 3 years ago & recently got 2 on my birthday this year [^.^]

Liiiaa

Cavy Gazer
My 1st guinea pig that I owned was about 3 years ago & I adopted her from Petco. She was pretty old but I just wanted to give her a better life then a small glass container.
She ened up passing away a few months later of old age & I decided not to get any guinea pigs since I got really attached to her & didn't want that happening again.

This year in Apirl, my boyfriend decided to surprise me with pet guinea pigs & these were young ones. They looked about 2 months old & are the cutest babies ever!!! Later I adopted two more & now I have a total of 4.

My birthday gift girls are named April & Bailey. April is tri color(black,brown,white) & an Abyssinian guinea pig. Bailey is light brown/white Crested guinea pig.
My adopted guinea pigs are named Snow & Max. Snow I adopted from Petco & Max I adopted off Craigslist. Snow is white/light grey & Max is tri color(black,brown,white). Both Snow & Max are American smooth coated guinea pigs. They are also the oldest & Snow has red eyes, not sure if that means she is albino or not ha.

Overall I hope to learn many new things & hopefully do what's best for my kids:love:

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

PumpkinPig

Cavy Slave
Re: Owned a guinea pig 3 years ago & recently got 2 on my birthday this year [^.^]

Congratulations on all of your cute piggies and welcome to the forum! :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Re: Owned a guinea pig 3 years ago & recently got 2 on my birthday this year [^.^]

Hello, your piggies are all cute!

thechubbyfour

Cavy Slave

Congrats! They're too cute!

Bodhi

Cavy Slave

Nice introduction and pictures.

Max is a girl? They all live together?

Liiiaa

Cavy Gazer

@Bodhi
Max is a boy & he lives on top of the girls.
I'm planning to get him neutered soon that way he can live w/ the girls.
I really don't want babies because out here in the valley I live in, there are too many unwanted guinea pigs.

Bodhi

Cavy Slave

Hard to tell for sure from the pigtures, but the youngest ones look older than your estimates.

Liiiaa

Cavy Gazer

@Bodhi
How can I tell exactly how old they are?
I really wasn't sure how old any of them are but when I got the 1st two girls they were tiny & fit a little bigger then the palm of my hand.

The other two I adopted were big already & the one I got at Petco they told me she was an adult but they didn't really seem to know much about guinea pigs.

Last edited:

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer

the youngest look around 6 - 10 months here, and i would check their genders with a vet, to be sure! xx

they are too cute for words!!

Last edited:

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave

You don't need to go to a vet to check their genders, that's putting your pigs through unnecessary stress. https://www.cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm look there and compare all their genitalia. You can also post photos here and we'll help you figure it out, but make sure they're clear photos.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer

yay! xx hope all goes well! post some more pics!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.