Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The newest toy

aqh88

Cavy Slave
The new toy is a big hit. It's a dog treat ball that I filled with pellets.

You can see Peppermint and Toffee picking up some pellets that rolled out. It took everyone awhile to catch on but now they all come running when I refill it and set it in the cage. The ball is very light weight so even little Peppermint can roll it around but everyone does have to work for their pellets.
To use it first you twist and remove the yellow piece and pour in the pellets. After you slide the yellow piece back in you can turn it to have smaller or larger openings to control how much comes out. There's also a spot at the other end to open or close a hole. Inside are plastic areas that spread out and slow down the pellets so they don't just all come tumbling out when it's turned the right way.

JennG

Cavy Slave
That's really neat! Where did you get it? Maybe that would help them be alittle more active. :)

aqh88

Cavy Slave
I found it while looking at the stuffed animal dog toys at walmart. They used to have this fuzzy blue donut shaped dog toy that they just loved to use as a pillow but it eventually got too dirty and beat up to wash anymore. It's been about 5days since I got it and while most of them haven't completely figured it out they do nudge it around a little. Chris said he saw Rolo shove the ball, eat the pellets, shove the ball, and eat the pellets again so at least she has it completely figured out.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Very neat toy. I am coming to kidnap that orange Aby!!!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
you know I was looking at the stuffed toys today at Wal-Mart. My mind went blank. :confused: shame on me. I will get them a stuffed bone for a pillow.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Oh sorry I really like the idea of yours. Seen those also and couldn't come up with a use.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Rolo just proved the treat ball also works with oxbow treats such as critter berries and vit c tablets. You just have to set it on maximum or they don't fit. I'm going to have to start measuring how many pellets I put in there because they managed to empty the entire ball last night. I closed the bottom hole and added oxbow vit c, critter berries, and a few papaya tablets to make it a bit more challenging. I didn't think they'd all figure it out that well but everytime I walk by the cage the ball has switched positions or is in the process of rolling somewhere. Also crushed up alfalfa blocks work but that's probably not any use to anyone and it's alot of work to crush hay blocks. The babies already get free choice pellets so I was wondering what I could put in it that they might like.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.