PDA

View Full Version : Genitals virgin coconut oil for cleaning anal sac?

LucidCavies
07-13-14, 01:37 am
Hi! Me again.. i know, I'm sorry. hahaha

Anyway Its time to clean out ashers anal gland and I was wondering if virgin coconut oil would work instead of mineral oil. If not, is their anything that I would be more likely to find in my cupboards that I could use. If I need to, I will find some mineral oil, but I was wondering if I could just use something that I have already.

LucidCavies
07-13-14, 02:47 am
commenting to get this more attention..

Soecara
07-13-14, 03:26 am
Yes coconut oil is fine to use for anal sac cleaning.

LucidCavies
07-13-14, 04:05 am
Soecara THANK YOU SO SUPER MUCH!!

pigger123
07-13-14, 07:27 am
Virgin coconut oil is actually recommended over mineral oil for pig-related stuff. It's a plant product instead of whatever mineral oil is, so it's better if they happen to lick it or something. It also works better according to some people.

Soecara
07-13-14, 07:34 am
Mineral oil is a liquid petroleum product which is similar to petroleum jelly, this is a by-product in the production of gasoline and other petroleum based products made from crude oil.

I personally use coconut oil because it is better for their skin, it has particularly helped my boy who used to get dry skin around his anal area. It certainly does the job lubricating the area for anal sack cleaning.

spy9doc
07-13-14, 08:05 am
I was wondering if virgin coconut oil would work instead of mineral oil. If not, is their anything that I would be more likely to find in my cupboards that I could use.

No mineral oil! Coconut oil is great, and I also use jojoba oil and emu oil which I have on hand.

LucidCavies
07-13-14, 03:54 pm
spy9doc,pigger123
thank you guys so much!

ginipigsinspace
07-13-14, 04:29 pm
Just make sure it's liquid first so you can get the q-tip really lubricated. I have a small tupperware of coconut oil I use for cleaning, and on cooler days when it's solid I'll just run it under hot water until the outer edges are melted and I can get enough for the dozen or so q-tips it take to get my boys clean.

LucidCavies
07-13-14, 05:47 pm
Ginipigsinspace, thank you so much. it's time for A cleaning but I don't have any mineral oil. Good to know I can use what's on hand :)