Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi fellow cavy slaves,

Maria De Rouen

Cavy Gazer
Hi I'm Maria in San Diego. We are slaves to Onyx the omnipotent. We had been great until today. My nieces have injured our baby.:sad: Since we aren't exactly sure of the mechanism of injury, we can only speculate. We are bringing her to the vet tomorrow regardless.
I'm concerned that they might have broken her back. Has anyone ever had to deal with that type of injury? And what symptoms presented themselves? She is moving her back limbs a little bit, but not like she normally does. She runs, moving her back legs I think, but I'm not sure what to look for. She is really my 12 year year old's pet, but we all adore her, I don't want to entertain the idea that her injuries are irreparable.
Any information will be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to prepare myself and my daughter for what might be totally out of or hands.:sick:

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Did they drop her or did she jump? Piggie backs are fragile and they can't take falls well or jumps from heights. There are piggies who have recovered from spinal injuries but you'll need x-rays at the vet to see if her back is broken. I hope you have a good exotics vet. I suggest reading guinealynx.com, there are many medical threads on there including ones about injured piggies. Please make sure she can get to her food water and hay, put them all next to her in a hidey since moving around is probably painful for her and could injure her worse.

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
I hope she's okay!!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope your vet visit goes well. You'll want to get her to an exotic vet. Dog and cat vets aren't equipped to deal with small animals.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.