Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Solution for keeping males and females housed side by side

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My mom has males and females housed side by side. Chicken and Waffles are cool with having girls next door, but Huckleberry was trying to get to them. We tried a grid lid, but it didn't work well for a 2x7 C&C cage and we couldn't find closet shelving in the right dimension. We weren't sure what to do about the whole predicament, but then I had a flash of inspiration:

Solution for keeping males and females housed side by side
The girls' 2x5 C&C cage fits perfectly on a banquet table! We got the table at a consignment store for $30 :)

The pigs can stay right where they are in the kitchen and now there's no risk of the boys getting into the girls' cage and having an accidental litter. :)

Thanks Spuds for all your help today and making this possible. So far so good. I did weigh the girls' pigloos down so they can't move to the side and push over the edge if by some silly chance. Huck cant figure out where they went. He can still smell the girls, but can figure it out! What a great solution. I think I saw the girls looking out the window :)

I HAVE THE FLEECE YOUR USING FOR THE BOYS!!!!

just thought you should know

Well great minds think alike!!! One of my favorites for the boys

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.