Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Not Enough Room, what can I do?

ashandnov

Cavy Slave
So my guinea is in a store bought cage ( i know single pigs are bad and store bought cages). I have a ton of grids and fleece I could use. I've heard of using a shower curtain for the base. The problem is I just don't have the room to put it. My house is extemely small. Any ideas help!
xox-ashandnov

lissie

Cavy Slave
Can you rearrange your furniture?

How much space do you have? If you draw a floor plan with dimensions of all the furniture, I can help with the room layout.

I used to live in a one bedroom, 700 sq.ft., apartment with my husband and two kids. I've always had c&c cage that's 2x6 grids or larger. (I'm addicted to cage remodeling)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/56677-Making-Space

Last edited:

ashandnov

Cavy Slave
Can you rearrange your furniture?

How much space do you have? If you draw a floor plan with dimensions of all the furniture, I can help with the room layout.

I used to live in a one bedroom, 700 sq.ft., apartment with my husband and two kids. I've always had c&c cage that's 2x6 grids or larger. (I'm addicted to cage remodeling)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/56677-Making-Space

My room is 10x10 feet. i have four walls. On the left, i have a closet and my desk. On the right, i have a twin bunk bed. My door is on the back one and my window is on the front wall. The front wall, there is no wall space because my desk and bed are on both sides.
My mom says the cage has to be in my room. I have a bunk bed(its a twin) that can only be placed on a wall. Then i have a desk 1' 71/2" by 3'9". My current cage is on a small dresser, 3'x1'7" and then i have a small noght stand where I keep my hair and makeup stuff(right next to the dresser with cage)
I hope this makes some sense, since i dont know what to use to make a floor plan

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Get a piece of plywood cut to 29x43", center it onto your dresser, you will have to pull it out some and screw it to the dresser. Put a 2x3 c&c together and center it onto the board. Use u shaped brackets to screw/nail it to the board so it doesn't shift. That is with your parents permission. Then you can get cardboard boxes and make a base and cover it with the shower curtain.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Or you could pull it out enough so that the front of the cage lines up with the dresser. that may leave enough room behind it to hide supplies behind it.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
If you are worried about the hang over, you can use corner brackets too in the back.

chrissypfeil

Cavy Gazer
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.