Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast SIZE.?!?!

guineapigmama14

Cavy Slave
What size coroplast sheet would i need for a 2x2 loft? and ramp?

pinky

Cavy Slave
You need to decide what height you want the sides to be, how long of a ramp you want and how wide you want it to be. You might want to look at the photo section to get ideas of what you want it to look like. Then you can calculate how much you need.

Chloe_s_mom

Cavy Slave
The biggest problem (other than cutting it) that I've had with coroplast is figuring out how to make it fit inside my cage. A lot depends on whether you are using those connectors (plastic knob things) and where you are using them. If they form the base of the loft, or part of the sides, then the coro needs to be cut a bit smaller to clear them. Also, if you are using them, then your grids have a gap, which adds to their dimensions. The most accurate way to measure might be to assemble the loft (not on your cage) and then take the inside measurements? And remember to add the sides all the way around the loft.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd construct the grids first and then measure the inside, allowing for the overlapped sides of the coroplast.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.