Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Scab on boy guinea pig near genitals

romeopig

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

I found this scab on my younger pig near his genitals when I was cleaning his anal sac. It's a scab that looks like it has two bite marks or red spots on it. Him and the older pig did get into a tussle about a week ago (which is a whole other problem unfortunately), so I am hoping that is it. I've looked into mites but he's the happiest, most active, and loudest little pig so I really don't think he has any sort of infection Could it be anything else? Sorry for the poor quality pic....he really did not like being held like that and I can't blame him! Snapshot_20140613_6.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is the area red? swollen? hot? painful? anything oozing out? If so, get him to an exotic vet.

If not, keep a close eye on it. As long as none of the above symptoms develop, he's probably ok.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.