Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Guinea Pig Sneezing

criticalbench

Cavy Slave
We just adopted a new guinea pig from a reputable home, at least it seemed like it. They are huge animal lovers and it looks as if cookie was very well taken care of.

We were at there house for roughly and hour holding cookie, and talking with them. She never once sneezed, I was holding her.

We get in the car to drive home, put her in the travel case with a fleece blanket, start driving and noticed she starts sneezing. She sneezed around 5 or 6 times on the 1.5 hour car ride home with a little bit of clear nasal drainage.

We have been home for around an hour and she has sneezed twice. Shes active, drinking. No crusting, no eye drainage. She was eating hay the whole time before we left to come home.

Could this be a stress response to a new environment? It's throwing me off because for an hour while we were there, she was fine. No sneezing, eating, and active. The second we leave, she starts sneezing.

I really can't say she has any other symptoms of a URI other than sneezing and the little water discharge she had once.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.