Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick My guinea pig is acting weird.

cavylover7

Cavy Slave
One of my guinea pigs started acting weird today. She was standing in one spot and started to hop, but it wasn't the same jumps when she popcorns and it was only her back feet. Also, my best friend and I tried to get her to respond and she wouldn't. We were tapping in the cage and poking her; she just continued to look forward like she was fixated on something. I'm just really worried that something might be wrong.

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
as in hop, you mean she tried to walk and it kinda.. came out like a limp? As for the trying to get her attention, is it possible she got startled? some of my piggies freeze when startled, or when theyre cornered lol.
Other than that, im not sure. Good luck though!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Do you mean she's hopping when she tries to walk?

She may have a vitamin deficiency. What exactly do you feed her, what brand, and how much of each thing?

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Could it be that she's having some sort of urine/pooping problems and she was jerking in pain when she was trying to go? That could look like a hop? I'm not saying it's definitely that obviously, just trying to think outside the box.

cavylover7

Cavy Slave
It didn't look like she was trying to walk, she was just standing there and all of a sudden started jumping. She has been feed oxbow hay and pellets, but just got recently switched to Small Pet Select for hay since it is so much better. They always have hay and pellets. It is just so weird because she has never done that before and hasn't done it since.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.