Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Please, please. PLEASE flag this breeder & read her response to my email.

pinky

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

She also has a Facebook page to promote her business. This was her response:

"Yes I do intend to breed them as I have been doing. I understand the genetics of fur type and color; my boar is not a roan. The teddy gene is recessive and my boar has produced teddies so I know for certain he has the teddy gene. The 900 guinea pigs on Petfinder must encompass the entire country because I have never seen anywhere near that amount when I have looked. I enjoy breeding them and I do not intend to stop. I currently have 1 boar and 2 sows but plan on retiring the older sow from breeding soon, or as soon as I can find a teddy sow to replace her. Many, many people want a baby guinea pig and I have always found nice homes for them. I realize that there are many abandoned guinea pigs, but there is also the same problem with dogs, cats, birds and other rodents. We live in disposable society and there will always be those people who consider pets disposable, no matter how you try to stop them. I'm sorry you don't approve of my little hobby but I will continue with it anyway."
Lynn
Sent from my iPad

PiggleLove2013

Cavy Slave
Ugh, just makes me angry.

pigslave1

Cavy Slave
This is so sad, it makes me angry, too. Flagged

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.