PDA

View Full Version : C&C Reviews on the Kitchen area for c&c cages? Good or bad?

MrCavyMadness
05-29-14, 07:24 pm
For those of you who have a kitchen area in their c&c cage, do you like it? or does it just cut down their running room? Also with my cage, loft or no loft?

labgirl5
05-29-14, 07:31 pm
I love the kitchen in my C&C cage. It's technically a pet store cage converted into a kitchen, but the same idea :). It keeps the hay in one area, so it doesn't stick to the fleece!

PiggleLove2013
05-29-14, 07:31 pm
I absolutely LOVE it. Easy cleaning, it's a little smelly depending on the litter you use (I'm stuck with BenaTerra at the moment but changing it soon!).

@ the above poster, I use the same idea! My old cage is the kitchen and it works nicely.

Artista
05-29-14, 07:33 pm
I started Mooshy off in a 2 x 3 C & C cage I bought from the store here. I was using disposable litter at that time. A month later I decided to upgrade it to a 2 x 4 and add a kitchen. Since she doesn't do anything but eat, poop, pee in the kitchen, I don't count it as room for her. It's like counting the closet in your room as useable area for you. So Mooshy has 2 x 3 space to do her thing.

If you get a c & c, the kitchen is the best thing to have imo. Most of the pooping and peeing goes there for that's where her food, hay, and water are. I have fleece flippers and the kitchen has wood pellets as bedding as that's the cheapest bedding around, 40 lbs for $6. Can't beat that!

If I recall, you have a midwest cage? I'm not sure how a loft would work as it's not as stable as c & c.

MrCavyMadness
05-29-14, 07:33 pm
Thank you all!

MrCavyMadness
05-29-14, 07:41 pm
I started Mooshy off in a 2 x 3 C & C cage I bought from the store here. I was using disposable litter at that time. A month later I decided to upgrade it to a 2 x 4 and add a kitchen. Since she doesn't do anything but eat, poop, pee in the kitchen, I don't count it as room for her. It's like counting the closet in your room as useable area for you. So Mooshy has 2 x 3 space to do her thing.

If you get a c & c, the kitchen is the best thing to have imo. Most of the pooping and peeing goes there for that's where her food, hay, and water are. I have fleece flippers and the kitchen has wood pellets as bedding as that's the cheapest bedding around, 40 lbs for $6. Can't beat that!

If I recall, you have a midwest cage? I'm not sure how a loft would work as it's not as stable as c & c.
If I can sell my set of 1 week used fleece flippers, I am getting a c&c! :D

Artista
05-29-14, 07:45 pm
If I can sell my set of 1 week used fleece flippers, I am getting a c&c! :D

Good luck! Put an ad on the classifieds section here. Maybe someone wants them.

MrCavyMadness
05-29-14, 07:46 pm
Good luck!
Thank you so much! I really want a c&c! I want nothing for the best for my piggies!u

Artista
05-29-14, 07:53 pm
Thank you so much! I really want a c&c! I want nothing for the best for my piggies!u

Sounds like they have a good life right now. My girl was in a pet store cage for 4 months before I found this site. Since you plan on getting a c & c cage, don't worry about a loft or any other additions to the midwest cage you have. I'm financially constrained some so I had to go slow with all the stuff I wanted to get.

MrCavyMadness
05-29-14, 07:55 pm
Sounds like they have a good life right now. My girl was in a pet store cage for 4 months before I found this site. Since you plan on getting a c & c cage, don't worry about a loft or any other additions to the midwest cage you have. I'm financially constrained some so I had to go slow with all the stuff I wanted to get.
Thanks a million!

cavylover7
05-29-14, 07:57 pm
I love having a kitchen; it cuts down on the amount of food and hay spreading throughout the cage. Also, they poop and pee in it a lot, but I don't count it as extra room since they just eat and poop in it. Having a loft is awesome as well. My pigs run up and down the ramp. They also like to escape up there to get away from the other pigs.

Sunny
05-30-14, 09:19 am
LOVE my kitchen. I have a 2x4 with a 1x2 kitchen on the side. The cage stays so much cleaner.

lunarminx
05-30-14, 09:39 am
Mine can run through their kitchen, it's just the area I place large amounts of hay down and the pellet bowl. I put their vegs on a tile in the cage. I love it, they do spend a ton of time in and on the hay. My cat even naps in the hay. I have a 3x6 cage and have two hay areas, one at each end.

http://i1043.photobucket.com/albums/b439/lunarminx/Guinea%20Pigs%20Too/100_0717_zps4db89f89.jpg (http://s1043.photobucket.com/user/lunarminx/media/Guinea%20Pigs%20Too/100_0717_zps4db89f89.jpg.html)

pigger123
05-30-14, 04:46 pm
I really like my kitchen. My piggy only pees in there, and she only poops in there and in her bed, which makes cleanup so easy. Plus, it eliminates the annoying problem of hay sticking to fleece. I have a coroplast kitchen just like the ones sold in the cages store, and she can easily hop up over the side. Because of that, I would count it as some space, but I would make sure my pigs had at least a 2x3 area as well as the kitchen so they can run and play on the fleece.