Gather your MaterialsGrids you can buy online or locally fairly easily. Coroplast®, on the other hand, can be more of a challenge. No company can ship a full sheet of coroplast without scoring and bending it. A full sheet is like a sheet of plywood: 4 feet by 8 feet. It's very lightweight, but it cannot be packaged for shipping without scoring and folding. If you are needing to buy Coroplast online because you cannot find it locally, we suggest just getting it from our store already professionally cut and scored, available in 16 colors and ready to assemble.
Getting a full sheet of Coroplast home can be a little tricky if you don't have a large vehicle. But where there is a will, there is a way. We've rolled them up and gotten them home in a VW Beetle! You can also ask the local store to pre-cut the Coroplast for you which can cut down on the vehicle space needed. Almost all sign stores around the country and even internationally are fairly used to getting requests for Coroplast for guinea pig cages. They can usually help you out. Prices will definitely vary.
Materials and Tools List
- Sheet of Coroplast
- Box or two of grids (with connectors)
- Bag of cable ties (zip ties)
- Clear packing tape or double-sided tape (for securing the flaps)
- Single-edge razor blade or box cutter
- Good scissors (large or strong pair)
- Pencil or marker to mark the Coroplast
- Long straight edge (you can improvise, a T-square is nice)
- Measuring tape or long ruler
- Pliers or Robogrips® (optional)
In process -- update coming soon.