Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Smeared poop on coroplast

• Thread starter blackieNbrownie
  • Start date

blackieNbrownie

Cavy Slave
Okay so this is a bit of a freaky situation. I just started using fleece but it has no liners so I can't tuck it over the sides of the coroplast. One guinea pig started digging under the fleece and the newspapers in the corner and hides there for a time. Later when I start spot cleaning I noticed a pile of poop with some smeared on the corner of the coroplast. The poop was smeared probably due to the water bottle being directly above it and the guinea pig playing with it could have resulted in the poop getting wet and smeared. What worse is that its in the corner of the coroplast which is held together by masking tape. I'm even having a hard time trying to remove the poop using rubber gloves. What's the best way to clean this part of the coroplast? I want it completely sanitized and disinfected. I also think that vinegar might not completely sanitize the coroplast so is there a better but safe alternative?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Vinegar should be fine. I use bricks around the edge of my fleece to hold it down.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
You can use a WEAK bleach solution, but make sure to rinse it very well. Vinegar is safer, and just as effective. You might also want to remove and replace the masking tape. I use duct tape, and lately on the market is decorative duct tape that comes in colors, so I matched my duct tape to the coroplast. Duct tape has a plastic coating that can withstand washing much better than masking tape. Their poo isn't toxic or germ ridden, it's just dirty looking. It came out of one of the pigs, after all.

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
1 part bleach top 10 parts of water is safe but allow time to evaporate. Vinegar is the best choice

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Vinegar will disinfect and is safe. If you really want another product option I would use XO neutralizer and cleaner, it is enzyme based and completely safe. I use it on everything, in my carpet steam cleaner, in the pet laundry... But vinegar is cheaper and works great :) Bleach freaks me out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.