Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy My future plans ! + question about KMS shipping

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
In october it is my birthday, so I should have enough money to expand my piggies cage. I want to go from a 2x4 to a 3x6. I need to adjust my room a little bit, but I think it's doable.
I then want to adopt two more piggies, assuming my parents allow me too.
I would also like to get kms hay and pellets for my pigs, but I read on the website that kms does not ship hay to Canada. Is this true? How do I get my hay ! D:

Mastershroom

Cavy Slave
Oxbow hay is very good, though some say it's not quite at the level of KMS. I've never had any problem with Oxbow orchard grass, and it's available in most pet stores around here. Not sure about Canada, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT - apparently KMS does ship to Canada. When I went to estimate shipping for an order, it said "Canadian customers: email [email protected] to order". But frankly, KMS' shipping is hilariously expensive. Shipping a 10lb bag of pellets to Ohio would cost more than the product itself.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Oxbow boxed hay is comparable to KM's hay. It's much nicer than the bagged hay. I don't know what the shipping cost is to Canada, though. My local pet store orders it for me and doesn't charge me extra for shipping so it's cheaper for me.

Texaschic81

Cavy Slave
I'll admit that the shipping does seem a bit pricey. But remember you are still paying for shipping in the stores. For a 5lb bag of Oxbow pellets I was paying $15. I switched to kms and got a 25lb for about $30. Do the math. And kms fixed the poop issue cinnamon was having. So I'd say it's worth it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.