Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Guinea pig drinking a lot of water?

lalanom

Cavy Slave
So my guinea pig has been drink a lot of water lately, I give him from 100ml to 200ml aproximately a day and he drinks all of it and sometimes even more. At first sight I thought it was pretty normal so I didn't pay attention until I decided to investigate about it and discovered that it may be sign of kidney problems, diabethes, etc. But the weird thing is that this drinking habit only happens when I'm home. I'm a part time student and I've noticed that he only drinks a lot when I'm back home because I refilled his water bottle before sleeping and the next day when I came back it was almost intact. He began drinking after that. So since today's saturday he's been drinking like crazy and it's worrying me. Any advice? I'd appreciate it :)

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have to give extra water to one of my gp as she is pron to bladder stones.. at one time she drinks from 40 - 60 cc ( which I think is the same as ML)1 or 2 times a day.. I now have to change their bedding every other day..(but it's better then her getting stones again or have to give Sub-q injections )I asked my vet how much is too much and she said let her drink as much as she wants.. I stop at 60 cc..I love doing it as it's a great boning time for us.. If I'm not fast enough she tries and pick up the empty syringes before I have a chance to fill them SO CUTE. Just tell you about my girl.. If you are wondered you could call her vet..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.