Thanks
    Thanks
    39 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Smile Potty Pads?

I've been looking through some peoples cage pictures and noticed these potty pads (I think they're called?) placed in corners of the cage, underneath the hay rack, etc. Where can I buy one of these? It would help me a TON if I had a couple of those to put in the corners!

Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/12 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Potty Pads?

I buy mine at Costco, I believe they're about 15 dollars for a pack of 100, but often go on sale for 12 dollars, which is a great deal. They sell those just about anywhere though if you look in the dog sections of pet stores. They're usually referred to as puppy pads. I'm sure they sell them at places like Walmart and Target and I've seen them at Big Lots as well. Any pet store should carry them too.

Thanks
    Thanks
    39 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by filchikmcr View Post
    I buy mine at Costco, I believe they're about 15 dollars for a pack of 100, but often go on sale for 12 dollars, which is a great deal. They sell those just about anywhere though if you look in the dog sections of pet stores. They're usually referred to as puppy pads. I'm sure they sell them at places like Walmart and Target and I've seen them at Big Lots as well. Any pet store should carry them too.
    Oh wait, no I don't mean puppy pads. I'm not sure exactly what they're called but they're made of fleece, kind of like cage liners but a lot smaller. Unless everyone just makes there own. But I have no idea how to make my own haha.

Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/12 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Oh, sorry! The picture you posted is of puppy pads though haha. But now I know what you mean, but can't help as I don't use those.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    358 Rec'd/237 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

I don't think she posted that link. The site seems to parse our posts and create hotlinks for key words now, which it seems to have done for potty pads.

@AllThesePiggies , I've gotten some of mine off of etsy, but also use the "removable potty pads" from the guinea pig market. Right now it looks like they come with things like the futon and corner cabin, but I wonder if you asked, if they would start selling just the pads?

Thanks
    Thanks
    39 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcavy View Post
    I don't think she posted that link. The site seems to parse our posts and create hotlinks for key words now, which it seems to have done for potty pads.

@AllThesePiggies , I've gotten some of mine off of etsy, but also use the "removable potty pads" from the guinea pig market. Right now it looks like they come with things like the futon and corner cabin, but I wonder if you asked, if they would start selling just the pads?
    Do you remember what the shop was called on etsy? I tried looking there but all I really found were lap pads and cage liners. Would lap pads work? And that's a good idea; I think I will ask, though I was looking for something a bit larger.

@filchikmcr: Hmm yeah I didn't post the picture, it must have done what wildcavy said haha sorry. But it's alright!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    358 Rec'd/237 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

I'll PM you the names -- I'm not sure whether I can say the names on the forum?

My experience with lap pads is that it depends: from the shops that make their lap pads the same way as the fleece liners, with just fleece and an internal absorbent layer, you can use the lap pads just fine. A few places make lap pads that have a water-proof lining on the bottom, though, which doesn't work when you are putting it on top of the cage fleece unless you change it out daily or more often, as it doesn't wick a day's worth of urine away -- it just sits on the waterproof backing and builds up. They're great as lap pads, but not made for long term, in-cage use.

Thanks
    Thanks
    39 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcavy View Post
    I'll PM you the names -- I'm not sure whether I can say the names on the forum?

My experience with lap pads is that it depends: from the shops that make their lap pads the same way as the fleece liners, with just fleece and an internal absorbent layer, you can use the lap pads just fine. A few places make lap pads that have a water-proof lining on the bottom, though, which doesn't work when you are putting it on top of the cage fleece unless you change it out daily or more often, as it doesn't wick a day's worth of urine away -- it just sits on the waterproof backing and builds up. They're great as lap pads, but not made for long term, in-cage use.
    Hmmm I'm not sure about saying names either. Thank you for all of your help!

Thanks
    Thanks
    94 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I just make my own. They are really just 2 pieces of fleece with a few layers of uhaul in the middle. Very easy. I use them under the water bottle, the pigloos, and a slightly bigger one under the hay rack. Really helps the fleece last longer when you can change out those areas more often. Mine are all different sizes because I just use scrap fleece and not always real pretty but they work and that's all that matters.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner spudsthepiget's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    369 Rec'd/200 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

I made my own. It's really easy; all I did was sew fleece over section of a U-Haul pad. Even if you don't have much experience with sewing, it's all straight lines and it's super easy.

Name:  peepeepads.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  13.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1,910 Rec'd/1,364 Posts
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

I use these. They are perfect size to put in a cuddle cup.
    http://amzn.com/B002J7KCZA

Thanks
    Thanks
    39 Rec'd/23 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

@pawner69 @spudsthepiget: I'd love to make my own! It does sound really easy; the only thing keeping me from making some is that I can't buy U-Haul pads near me. None of the stores around me sell them.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner spudsthepiget's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    369 Rec'd/200 Posts
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

You might be able to find some at 2nd hand stores. Or you could call a moving company and ask for some old ones.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    22 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

I tried to have a easy clean kitchen they just burrow under the blanket. I gave up on that one. Maybe I need to put the kitchen in a loft.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1,910 Rec'd/1,364 Posts
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Quoted
    733 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AllThesePiggies View Post
    I can't buy U-Haul pads near me. None of the stores around me sell them.
    You can use cotton batting or old cotton quilt.

User Tag List