Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lipoma surgery

ZuzuBelleMel

Cavy Slave
Hy everybody! So, here's my Mel, she's 5 years and 5 months old, exactly today, and she's had surgery on Monday to remove a huge lipoma (fortunately that's just it). Here are some photos with it and my baby:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Click on the photos to enlarge them.
She's ok now, apart from a little sadness and apathy, she doesn't quite want to move, maybe because as you can probably see from the photos, the incision and removal were very close to her foot and it's making it difficult for her to walk now. I hope the discomfort will pass as quickly as possible! :( She eats, poops, pees, it's just that she doesn't move, but very little. Don't yet have photos with the incision now, I didn't want to disturb her any more. Maybe tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:

MrsSuzy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Cuddles to Mel! Hope she recovers quickly!
xx

ZuzuBelleMel

Cavy Slave
Here are photos with the lipoma, I'll post just the links since they are pretty much graphic:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
That's pretty huge. Thank goodness it was only a fatty lipoma. One of my boys lived his life with several smaller ones. He had three large ones removed.

ZuzuBelleMel

Cavy Slave
She has a smaller one too, on the left side. But this one...gosh, I was so scared when I saw it, I feared it was a malignant tumor, but fortunately, not.

ZuzuBelleMel

Cavy Slave
I don't know if those links work, so I'll post new ones:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

ZuzuBelleMel

Cavy Slave
We have good news! <3 She's come back to her usual self, all running around and moving just like before, starting this morning! :X Awesome way to start the day. <3

RoseNRiver0523

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So glad you had it taken care of and happy that she's back to her old self :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.