Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece What do you use for pee pads?

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
I will be switching to fleece soon and was wondering what people use or IF they use pee pads in the hides for the piggies. Should the pee pad be made of fleece or could I get a bunch of face clothes and just switch them out everyday? i would imagine they do lots of peeing in their hides, so i was just trying to think of something that will help keep the fleece less smelly/dirty for longer.

Yamiko

Cavy Slave
Reg bath towel, or U-Haul pad.

Wibbles

Cavy Slave
I use u-haul pads

Amy262

Cavy Slave
I sewed reusable pee pads with fleece on either side and a towel in the middle. They work great! In this picture you can see the pee pads under the areas where they "go" the most. They are the blue rectangles in the picture. I change out the fleece/towel pee pads daily and then change out the fleece bedding once a week.

P1030974.jpg

PhinniePig

Cavy Slave
I sewed reusable pee pads with fleece on either side and a towel in the middle. They work great! In this picture you can see the pee pads under the areas where they "go" the most. They are the blue rectangles in the picture. I change out the fleece/towel pee pads daily and then change out the fleece bedding once a week.

View attachment 40560

Your cage is sooo cute! :)

Amy262

Cavy Slave
Your cage is sooo cute! :)

Thank you! That's just the bottom floor. :) It is 3 stories. The middle floor is a small 1x2 area and the top floor is an L-shape consisting of 4 cubes. I posted pictures on the thread about showing off our guinea pig cages! The piggies love their home!!

Rayven105

Cavy Slave
I use fleece on one side and uhaul pad an the other, sewn together.

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
okay ty everyone. i was just wondering because i really dont want to make them myself. lol im not even making the fleece bedding im going to buying fleece flippers :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.