Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wierdest present you've ever recieved...

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
My husband and I can pretty much get what we want when we want it and that feature of adulthood really takes away some of the gift giving spirit between us. :sorry:
This plus the mutual money thing changed up how we celebrate Christmas in my household. Sometimes we get something to benefit both of us, like a Keurig coffee maker last year or a Shark vacuum cleaner this year.

We used to take an allotted amount of money and buy each other small, useful gifts to go under the tree. We stopped for a while, but resumed this year at literally the last minute. On Christmas Eve I decided we should go to a Kmart where no one ever shops (it was dead even on Dec. 24) and we ran off and did our secret shopping, trying not to run into each other. It's sad but a sign of how much I've been pigged that the most exciting of those gifts for me was an extra-sharp pair of shears to cut my piggies' bedding pads.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Ha! I need a vacuum but I said I would kill my husband if one ended up under the tree.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Aaaand, this year my grandmother gave me - Grave candles.
And not even classic ones, these are led lights in plastic. I hate fake candles and led lights. I rarely use grave candles.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
This year I unwrapped a 100 pack of unsented white tea light candles...Definitely the strangest one yet LOL

Last edited:

squishycar

Cavy Slave
Out of context, I got gravel as a present. It is pretty purple gravel. But in context, it is awesome cause I got a betta tank, betta food, and a gift cert to pick out my new fishy friend!!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
LOL [MENTION=25539]squishycar[/MENTION] context is indeed important!

Way back in the dark ages, also known as the early '80s, I loved getting reams of paper, envelopes, and postage stamps as gifts. That sounds about as boring as you can get, but that's back when I was starting my freelance writing career on a (gasp!) typewriter, with submissions via (double gasp!) snail mail. Back then I couldn't even have imagined the direction my writing career would take because it literally didn't exist back then.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
@mufasa I'm still a throw-back: I love sealing wax and seals and the sound of a nib on cotton or linen paper! One of the best gifts I received was a set of handmade sealing wax candles in shades of green.

It more than offsets the china entwined swans that I think are supposed to be some sort of vase ... or candy holder ... or ??

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'll tell you the best. Today is my birthday and my daughter got me 3 uhaul pads and a good pair of gardening pruners! :eek:

pinky

Cavy Slave
Ha! I need a vacuum but I said I would kill my husband if one ended up under the tree.

I have a Dyson vacuum which is a decent vacuum but if someone got me an Oreck for Christmas, I'd love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.