Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Wheels / casters for C&C Cage stand?

danielle715

Cavy Slave
Has anyone been able to find the wheels/casters that they used to make for the cubes? I am trying to find them and can't seem too. I searched the forum and all the older links to products don't seem to work any longer. Any ideas?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I am confused. What are wheels and casters? Do you mean an actual wheel so you can make certain parts or the whole thing movable?

danielle715

Cavy Slave
Sorry for the confusion. I mean wheels to make the C&C cage with stand movable so i can clean behind it. They used to make specific ones that attached to the grids. I cant seem to find them. Some of the sites i was looking at also referred to the small wheels as casters.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Casters are the legs that hold the wheels. You might not be able to get casters specifically, but you might be able to get just a metal frame with wheels on the bottom to sit your cage on top?

danielle715

Cavy Slave
Ok i got ya. i saw these: https://www.wag.com/dog/p/midwest-homes-for-pets-universal-crate-casters-black-2-pack-194469?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_W&utm_term=QXH-015&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1323896756&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=QXH-015&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword} and i am not sure if they would work, but i am looking just for something so i am able to roll the cages a bit for when i clean. And i can't get that link to work sorry.

boofp

Cavy Slave
You can find them at lowes maybe even a walmart, the kind with screw holes and all you gotta do is zip tie them to the cage. I remember another post about it
0007452302988_180X180.jpg

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Have you tried bed bath and beyond?

danielle715

Cavy Slave
I will check out that discussion. I plan on heading to Lowe's also. I have tried Bed Bath and Beyond, both locations in my area don't carry the grids anymore and seem limited with a lot of items they carry. I am hoping after the holidays everything reappears. I love that store. Thanks for your help everyone! I'll let you know what i come up with!

lifesvr7

Cavy Slave
This is one that will work with grids but you have to buy the attachment and the casters (wheels) separately. Have not used them personally and doubt they would work if you use the grid connectors but who knows. Ill look on the other sites I have for wire grid accessories to see if I find anything else. I have TONS of sites i use that have neat baskets and stuff that are for wire grid displays that work great for hay racks etc in piggy cages too!

(broken link removed)

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
You could try like a metal trolley type thing you would use in an office?

stray hares

Cavy Slave
A caster (or "castor" down here) is a wheel set on a swivel. I've actually just bought some castors to make a new C&C cage moveable. I'm just going to construct a base from grids and zip tie the castors onto the base.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
A caster (or "castor" down here) is a wheel set on a swivel. I've actually just bought some castors to make a new C&C cage moveable. I'm just going to construct a base from grids and zip tie the castors onto the base.

Yeah that's it! Lol @ me and legs :silly:

Kristine

Cavy Slave
You can find them at lowes maybe even a walmart, the kind with screw holes and all you gotta do is zip tie them to the cage. I remember another post about it
View attachment 37819
This is what I used, just zip-tied to the bottom. It works but I wouldn't constantly move it. I plan to make one with a wood base in January.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.