Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals Aren't you supposed to clean a male guinea pig's glands?

animalhouse

Cavy Slave
Wow, what a good video, I need to do this with my boys. I am sure Gandalf's is GROSS! I just been to nervous to try it. But with the videos it made it look a littler easier then I thought! haha Frodo may be a bit harder as he is not comfy being held at all!

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
My friends still make fun of me and I often hear "Charlie what is that on your pee pee "

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
CanadianComforts- Great video!
How often should I clean my male guinea pig's genitals? And I know females are different, but should I do a quick and soft cleaning, sense they do have some stuff?

Thanks!
I would do it once a month unless it looks bad. That's what I do. Once a month nail clipping, sack cleaning torture.

Luna8

Cavy Slave
My friends still make fun of me and I often hear "Charlie what is that on your pee pee "

Ha-ha!
I thought that was pretty funny they way you said it, lol! By the way, Charlie is SOO cute!

Luna8

Cavy Slave
Wow, what a good video, I need to do this with my boys. I am sure Gandalf's is GROSS! I just been to nervous to try it. But with the videos it made it look a littler easier then I thought! haha Frodo may be a bit harder as he is not comfy being held at all!

Aww, you have guineas named Gandalf and Frodo? CUTE!!! I LOVE those books, although I've only read The Hobbit.
Yes, yes, I know. NOT a related subject, lol!

animalhouse

Cavy Slave
Aww, you have guineas named Gandalf and Frodo? CUTE!!! I LOVE those books, although I've only read The Hobbit.
Yes, yes, I know. NOT a related subject, lol!

hahaha yes! Gandalf is a Long grey hair piggie, so the name "Gandalf the grey pig" Seemed Fitting! Lol And Frodo is frodo cause it fits! :)

Luna8

Cavy Slave
Ha-ha, awesome! LOL

piggiepleaser

Cavy Slave
Oh, geesh. So, will this and cleaning the grease gland help a little with the stink? (please say "yes") It*is*nasty!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I caution against cleaning the sac unless the pig actually needs it. You don't want to cause undue stretching of the sac.

Most pigs go their whole lives without needing their grease glands cleaned. You only clean them if they get gunky.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.