Thanks
    243 Rec'd/196 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Is Raid bugs spray ok?

Hello there,

So I had a few friends over, and was feeding my guinea pigs, when I heard one of them shout "Ahhhh a bee" I really thought nothing of it, until I heard a spraying noise, and ran out to find that they had found some Raid bug spray, and had used it to kill the bees. It was in another room, however I am very scared for my guinea pigs. Will they be ok? I mean even my throat feels odd from sitting next to where it was sprayed.

Thanks,

The human, Phoenix, Godric, Fus, and Ro Dah

Thanks
    Thanks
    3,751 Rec'd/2,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    1061 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1576 Post(s)

Re: Is Raid bugs spray ok?

I'd air the whole house out and watch the pigs very carefully. Obviously, there's nothing to do at this point, except maybe hide the Raid! But you're right that it shouldn't be sprayed anywhere near the pigs.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    496 Rec'd/339 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)

I can't offer help on the pigs, but I really think you should wash any furniture and the floor in that room. You don't want that stuff to be absorbed through your skin! The fact your throat feels odd is worrisome to me.

I'd also seriously talk with your friends. That was an incredibly irresponsible thing for them to do. You don't just start spraying bug spray willy nilly around the house. Huge health hazards for pets and humans alike! And for a bee? It's a harmless bug, as long as you don't anger it. It could have found it's way out from an opened window.

Thanks
    Thanks
    243 Rec'd/196 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

The pigs are acting normal so far. I don't even know how my friends found the Raid, it was hidden in the deepest, darkest corner of the closet. What's also worrying, is that I have two cats and a dog too, not just guinea pigs in another room, so they didn't even think of the pets that were in the same room. I got a humming bird feeder a few days ago, and hung it near the window, so I think that's what made them find there way in. I have the window open, so I'm hoping that that will help. I looked up about why my throat felt weird, and found that Raid burns the lining around the lungs, so that's why I couldn't breath right. O.o

User Tag List