Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Pellets in NZ

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I now get my pellets from the (broken link removed). As they also make guinea pig food.
My piggys feel in love with the food on their first taste test!

It seems to be the best I can get for my piggys!

Haymonster

Cavy Slave
Small animal rescues in Australia make their own mixes, instead of forking out for the expensive Oxbow. The mix at Porsche's Small Animal Rescue is particularly good: (broken link removed) If you contact her (or the Australian Cavy Sanctuary) they'll probably be willing to share their "recipe". I would not normally recommend a mix, and expensive as it is in Australia, I personally feed Oxbow. Given how difficult/expensive/impossible it is for you guys to get a quality pellet, though, it may be better to feed a small amount of a high quality mix rather than a low quality pellet or no pellet at all.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks, I think I'll stick with the ones from the chinchilla rescue. She has guinea pigs as well and she has done her research.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.