Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Uhaul pads the same as "moving blankets?"

kareebear

Cavy Slave
Hi- I have recently acquired some moving blankets to place under my fleece in my cage. My question is this- everyone is talking about uhaul pads, and I guess in my mind I just assumed that uhaul pads and moving blankets are the same thing. These are not uhaul brand and one of them has a tear in it, hence why I am going to use it as padding.. I know that uhaul pads are made of compressed denim, but the padding inside this moving blanket does not look like denim. Would it still work as well as absorbing do you think? Or should I purchase some uhaul brand pads?

sillylittle

Cavy Slave
Is it more like the quilted uhaul blanket? It will probably still work, but it might not be as absorbent as the uhaul pad. There is probably a white fiber inside, which (in all likelihood) is polyester, not cotton. The denim is cotton, which is a wonderful absorber of liquids, while polyester doesn't allow liquid within the fiber (probably something to do with being made from oil). I can't honestly say "this will not work" but I can tell you it wont work as well, you will probably be changing out your liner more often than with the uhaul pad.

There is a lot of information in the bedding subsection, which you can just look through, and it doesn't cost you anything! I'm sure that within the past day, someone has asked a question similar to yours, about the differences between the moving blankets and uhaul pads. And there is a ton of personal experience with the quilted blankets vs. the denim ones vs. other kinds of water absorbent liners you can use (definitely things I would NEVER have been able to think of on my own). With really any of the subsections, read through a couple of the threads, and you'll probably find the question you were about to ask.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.