Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Anti pill not wicking

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
So I bought 2 different fleeces, 1 was anti pill and the other was blizzard. I washed and dried them both 5 times hot water no fabric softener. The blizzard wicks just fine but the anti pill the pee just sits there. Anyone else have this problem?

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I put a cup of vinegar in the washing machine and that seems to work on my anti pill fleece and blizzard fleece.

stacy97006

Cavy Slave
yes i forgot to write that i also add a cup to all of mine too. It just seemed strange to me that one would wick and the other wouldnt.

sillylittle

Cavy Slave
Anit-Pill and Blizzard are different companies, with different processes and probably different compounds that go into making their respective polyesters. I used to work at a fabric store, and by touch could often tell which was AP and which was Bliz, so they are definitely not the same thing or made the same way as each other. It could just be that the one batch of AP you got was made differently than the others, and that's throwing off it's wicking abilities. However, I was (and still am) of the opinion that fabric of any kind is finicky and evil :crazy: a side effect of the year spent behind a cutting counter. It could just be the evil fabric messing with you.... You just never know :p

Tylerryan79

Cavy Slave
Any fleece can be labeled anti pill. That just means it won't start to get loose fibers that ball up(called pills). You might have owned a sweater or something that used to get little balls on it you'd have to pick off after washing. Blizzard fleece can be labeled "anti pill" too. Pretty much any type of fleece. You just want to buy anti pill so your pig can't eat the fleece "pills" or balls.

I have a cheaper fleece that won't wick right either, and a few thicker ones that do. It all boils down to the quality of fleece I think. And is hit or miss. One companies "blizzard" fleece might wick, while another's identical feeling and looking wont. There's a great fleece thread here that lists a lot of fleece types and which work best, but again it's 50/50 you buy one that wicks right/is the same as what the thread writer tried. There's just so much variation from company to company.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.