Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding fleece and uhaul pads

GPigger11

Cavy Slave
I am in the process of building my first C & C cage and I was curious about how the uhaul pads work with the fleece? Do you just tuck the fleece under the pad to keep it down or will I need to pin it to the sides of the chloroplast? Thanks!:eek:

Kim37040

Cavy Slave
I pin mine to the sides of the coroplast

GPigger11

Cavy Slave
Thank you. I think I would rather fold it underneath just for aesthetic purposes if I can get it to work for me, but if not I will pin it to the sides.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I recommend trying just folding the fleece under, like you mention. I do that for my four pigs, and so long as you don't have a pig that is intent upon getting under the fleece, then you should be fine.

GPigger11

Cavy Slave
I'll try to put enough stuff in there for them to hide in that they won't be concerned with getting under it. But, seeing as how all of my animals are difficult, I'm sure there'll be one that ruins it for the bunch. LOL.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I made pads with mine. two layers of uhaul and one layer of fleece on top. I have 2 2x5 cages and it works out with all their cuddle cups and what not, to be 1 load per cage. Not bad if you ask me. If you can sew or know someone willing to do it, I would highly suggest sewing pads. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.