Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners Underneath Fleece Liners

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
In a couple days, I am going to pick up my first fleece liner. I am planning on making a 2 x 5, a 2 x 4, a 2 x 3 and a 2 x 1 all stacked together. As many members here use fleece, I am wondering what you use underneath the fleece and the estimated cost. I am also looking for places to get them. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
What do you mean?

If you're looking for something under the fleece, I recommend a u-haul pad. They are $7.95 each. But others use towels, puppy pads, etc...

If you meant under a fleece liner, you don't need anything. My cage just has a u-haul pad sewn into a layer of fleece on each side.

I recommend AZ Crafty Crew. Rochelle is incredibly nice and does custom orders. Here's her website and FB page:

(broken link removed)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/AZCraftyCrew

Have you set up this stacked cage yet? Make sure you have a VERY good support system for a cage with that many levels.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
Best thing I have used yet: (broken link removed)

Many members use these. Cheap, recycled, and easy. There is a store locator on the uhaul website where you can find a local store that will carry these.

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
How do you plan on building this? If you do 4 cages stacked, with zero space between cages (which is a huge pain when cleaning, since you will have to unstack cages), your upper level is going to be over 4 and a half feet off the ground. If you do 1 grid of open space for ease of cleaning, your upper level will be over 9 feet from the floor.

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Well, it is kinda hard to explain. The cage is an unusual design. :p I can email you a picture if you'd like. I got it off this site. :)

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
The great thing about C&C cages is that they are so versitile. As long as you make it good and sturdy you can do whatever you like.

And if you decide to change it up, it's as easy as cutting zip-ties and re-working the grida and connectors.

You can post a link to the picture if you found it in one of the galleries. I'd love to see how this is going to work.

Got to love these cages!!!

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
I lost the link as it was awhile ago but sent you the picture. If you wouldn't mind posting it here for other to get an idea of, It would be much appreciated. Thank You! :D

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
cage.JPG

Here's the photo HappyHopperz is talking about

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
That looks like a huge pain to clean. How would you propose removing that bottom 4x2 to wipe down the coroplast without dismantling the entire thing?

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Eh, You're right. Let's call in plan B!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.