Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Ack!! It's a crisis in pellets!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
To all you pellet users out there, Tractor Supply Company is no longer selling them in the south. The person I talked to didn't know whether that was a policy in other areas or not.

They will special order for you, but you have to take 40 bags at a time.

CLV71

Cavy Slave
Have you checked with hardware stores? They should sell it also.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Not here, nor the home improvement stores. But I did discover that Guardian Horse Bedding.com/horse bedding.html has a store locator on its site, and I can actually find them closer to me than the Tractor Supply I've been using. About 25 cents a bag more expensive, but enough closer that it all comes out in the wash.

macysmom

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about the pellets for the wood stoves? TSC is still selling the Equine Fresh pelleted horse bedding for 5.99 for a 40 lb bag. I only know because I work there.lol But, in south Texas we never did carry the pellets for the stoves only the blocks

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thanks for the info, Macysmom.

I didn't go to the TSC store after they told me they weren't carrying any kind of pellets that could be used for bedding any more, but I did ask on the phone about the horse stall pellets and was told they didn't carry them either -- I guess the person I talked to wasn't very knowledgeable about their stock.

But several of the TSC stores around Houston did carry stove pellets -- I've been buying from them for well over a year now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.