Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cuddles and Buttercup's Newly Remodeled Cage !

Good Morning ! :cool:

Here are a few links to sites that sell fleece cage liners for you, below !

(broken link removed)

PiggyBedSpreads.com Making Your Guinea Pig's World a Beautiful Place!

(broken link removed)

There is also a few wonderful threads and even step by step directions for making one's own cage liner/piggy-bedspread if you have a sewing machine ! If you are interested in those, just let me know !:)

OMG!! Tha is soooooo cool! I love the barn and the cozies and thr butterflies! Congrats! Your piggies must be so happy!

Aww that is cute i like the barn you made for them.

Hey Kath! Sorry for the delay in responding (the holidays were hectic!). Thank you very much for the pics of the bunk beds ... very creative! They are on my list of things to do for the cage and hopefully will get to them soon.

I need to give you a big "thank you" for the hay bin idea. I made a 1x2 bin out of coroplast then tried the disposable puppy pads on the bottom with carefresh then the hay but the girls just ended up eating the carefresh. Plus I found that it wasn't very easy to spot clean it in such a small area so I ended up throwing all of it out every day. Then I tried aspen shavings which were easier to spot clean but the girls also tried to eat them and it would stick to their feet and get everywhere.

What finally worked were the washable puppy pads with just hay. It works amazingly!! I do lose a little hay but their little bottoms don't get wet at all. Plus they are so very happy to be able to jump in the hay when they are eating it!!

Thank you for your ideas, your help and your patience in explaining the details. You have a great way of communicating and it's always a treat to read one of your posts!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.