Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding What is the best bedding?

Number1Sticky

Cavy Slave
Right now I’m using aspen wood chips. I know it isn’t bad for guinea pigs, but I’m sure other stuff (like care fresh, yesterday's news etc.) would be better.

Here is a list of different kinds of bedding I’ve gotten off of https://www.guinealynx.info/bedding.html and a few other websites:
Aspen shavings
Care fresh
Cell-sorb
Crown animal bedding
Eco Bedding
Megazorb
Soft-Sorbent Bedding
Wood pellets
Yesterday’s news (or any other recycled paper)

From personally experiences what do you think is the best bedding based on price/absorbent/dust etc.? Feel free to suggest other kinds of bedding. I just want the best for my piggy. :)

Also, I only have one guinea pig at the time, but I am planning of getting one or two more in the future.

Thanks!!!

arcangel

Cavy Slave
most likely fleece is safest and cheapest but it takes a lot of cleaning and you need to change it out like every 2-4 days or it may smell

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you'll search this site for bedding and look at the posts in the last two months, you'll find hours worth of reading of people's opinions on what is the best bedding.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Yes, it can be frustrating to answer the same questions over and over, when the answers are here for anyone to do some reading.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.